Thursday, September 22, 2005

Who would've thought

That in the most liberal city in this country, I'd have any trouble finding people to go to protests and festivals with. I've made a tight group of friends with two of the few conservatives in this place. Well, Chelsea's family is hardcore Republican, but she's on the left side of apathetic. Hailee is really Republican, though, and so is Heather. This usually isn't a problem. I save my political discussions for dinner with Jason. However, there are two liberal events this weekend and I'm stuck with possibly no one to go with. First is the College Not Combat rally. Wes will go, but Chelsea probably isn't interested, and Hailee definitely wouldn't go. I'm actually more interested in the Love Parade that starts a few hours later, but Wes is working at the AIDS center (he counsels people who call the hotline) untl 5:30. Chelsea will go, and I bet I can convince Hailee and Heather to go. It's not political. You may have heard of the Berlin Love Parade -- ours in SF is the only one in America and much smaller, but with the same love, peace, tolerance, and art message. We'll see.

No comments: