Monday, October 17, 2005

What a raging asshole

As you know, I took the Greyhound 10 hours to Santa Barbara this weekend to see Lauren and do some partying. Hailee convinced me to go with her, even though it meant I would miss speech on Friday. See, on Friday my professor assigned presentation days for our speeches -- if you didn't show up, you automatically went the first day. I emailed him and told him I wouldn't be there so put me on the first day. So 10 hours on Greyhound. Our longest layover was in Salinas so we asked where there was a coffee shop and I got a gigantic peppermint tea (sidenote: I've been battling a chest cold and laryngitis since Thursday). Got to SB, took the city bus to campus. Hailee and Lauren and I got ready and went out and saw BRYAN which was amazing. Then Lauren and Topher dropped Hailee and I off at Eric's for his b-day party. It was awkward so we went to Morgan's (best friend of a guy who lives on our floor) and oh deer. I drank some Natty Ice and rum and hookah'd and they smoked. Ended up sleeping there in a stranger's bed -- you can ask me for details.
Saturday morning we walked the walk of shame back to the dorms from IV, still in our party clothes, with black make up all over our eyes. It was embarassing. Got back to Lauren's and went back to sleep for a few hours. Hailee and I went to IV to get some yummy sandwiches for lunch, and then I worked on my speech until that night. We dropped Hailee back at Morgan's for some more partying and then I went with Lauren and her friends to watch moves in the lounge. We watched Boondock Saints (yesssssss) and Nightmare Before Christmas (which involved a lot of singing along from almost EVERYONE in the room, including freakin' Alex Zlotnik). Got into bed around 3:30.
Thennnn we had to wake up super early to catch the city bus to downtown SB. We loaded up on cottage cheese, chocolate, and cold meds at Ralph's, and then it was 9 hours back to home. I have seriously never been so excited to go to San Francisco. We just gazed at the city when we were going over the bay bridge, and when we got out of the bus terminal, Market street was all lit up with trees and pretty buildings and it was about 75 outside. San Francisco loves us. So we spent a good deal of time scrounging money for Muni, then got back to the dorms and I practiced my speech and such.
So basically I was having a stroke the whole weekend about this speech, and I didn't even give it today. I told my professor that I have laryngitis and that I was prepared to go but I didn't want to completely lose my voice mid-speech or annoy him with my croakiness. So he says, "I'll think about it." He has me put my name up on the list with the two other speakers going today. He hands out three sheets of paper for evaluations. After the second speech he picks them up, gives us some info, and class is over. Meanwhile I'm going into cardiac arrest because I think he skipped me because I didn't immediately walk up, and everyone around me is like, "Whaaaaaat?" So after class I walk up to him and he says, "You're going FIRST THING Wednesday." Asshole. He thinks he's so clever.

No comments: