Wednesday, January 4, 2006

I love craigslist

But first. Who has front row tickets to Chicago in London? Yeah. Me.

Anyway. My favorite thing to do when I'm bored at home lately is browse craigslist. It started out simply enough, just looking around for beds and couches and such for the apartment I'll be furnishing in June (hopefully here; the plan so far is to start a lease in June, then stay in San Francisco for a couple months during summer to work, either at the party planning firm or elsewhere). Then I started looking for apartments all over the city, just to see what the options are. It's great fun. I progressed to looking for apartments in New York, where I won't even be living for at least four years. Not surpsisingly, the most affordable ones are in Harlem and Washington Heights. Is it bad if half of my monthly income goes to rent? I love to plan. I love to look at target.com for dinnerware sets and bedding. My mom bought me a set of cool plates in Berkeley a year ago. My reasoning was that they'd be great for my apartment. I'm in a huge rush to be independent. I want my fabulous apartment with my canopy bed (which I found for $60 on craigslist). I cannot wait.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

drool. i heart craigslist, too.

Matt said...

Oh my gosh, Meghann, I am completely obsessed with craigslist too... but I'm sure you can guess which area most captures my interest.

Meghann said...

Is it gay personals, Matt? <3